Saturday, May 19, 2007

Browsing For Songs

I've been pleasantly surprised
recently...when I've typed in the
name of an artist...or song...into
YouTube search...and actually
found...songs...or artists...too long absent from my life. Going
that route...I've found...Jacques
Brel...Lara Fabian...Eva Cassidy
...Amalia Rodrigues...and songs
like...Estrellita...Shenandoah...
The Water is Wide...and more. There have been some songs
that have been elusive. When I started singing...before I had
started to write songs...there was a core group of folk or folk blues songs I used to do. One of them had the line..."If I had
wings like Noah's dove...I'd fly up the river...to the one I love".
I looked for this song under the name "Noah's Dove"...but didn't
find it. Perhaps in one of my browsings...it'll turn up under
some other name. Fortunately...these days...since this new "searching for songs" hobby began...I have a cornucopia of
beautiful songs to listen to...and I kind of enjoy..."browsing for
songs"...anyway..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home