Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Unplanned Meetings

After a visit to my post office box
in the West End of Vancouver...
this afternoon...I went for a walk
by English Bay...not far away. I'd
walked for a bit on the sea wall
path...when I heard someone
speak to me...from behind me. For a moment...I wasn't sure who it was...then I identified the
voice as that of a friend of mine. On a lyrical afternoon...we walked by the ocean...conversing...on a wide range of very human subjects. After we had covered a fair distance...we
returned to the corner from where we started our separate
journeys home. I was very aware of the gift that this
serendipitous meeting...and conversation...on a beautiful
afternoon had been...and mentioned that to my friend as we parted. Unplanned meetings...where something fine is shared...are indeed...one of the gifts of life I appreciate...always having been open to spontaneous happenings...in a culture...where it would seem...meetings tend to be planned weeks ahead. I returned home feeling that my life had been enriched...by this unexpected meeting. Here's to more of them...!.
.....................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home