Thursday, May 10, 2007

West End

This afternoon I had a walk in a part of
Vancouver...that I have a lot of affection for
...the West End. When you try to make a
list of the qualities of something you like...
it's easy to get glib about it...and rattle off a
bunch of stuff...that may not be accurate...
so...let's just say...I like this place...and I'm glad I do. I used to live there when I first
came to Vancouver...and although I don't
live there anymore...I return there often...
and it's usually a pleasant experience. Right
now...even though the cherry blossoms have just finished there falling...its the lushness
and variations in the colours of leaves that was noticeable today
...with the sun lighting everything up. The tattering that late
summer inflicts on trees...right now...is nowhere to be seen...
and I appreciate the freshness of things around me. Perhaps...
in another day or two...I'll be back in the West End...
..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home