Monday, June 25, 2007

The Beauty Is Never Far Away


Returned not too long ago...from singing at a World Poetry night at the Central Library in Vancouver. I sang three of my songs..."Old Fashioned Immigrant"..."River Child"...and "Splinters of the Tree". The songs were well received and I left for home especially early tonight. Lugging my guitar and another case on my way to the library earlier...I had fallen as I stepped off a bus...and had one or two small bruises to attend to at home. I was fortunate that it wasn't at all serious...like falling on your face or breaking something when you fell. I was very lucky. The toughest moment was when I first fell...springing open the lid of the case I was carrying and splattering poems and cd's all over the sidewalk. I felt people looking at me...and I wondered what they were thinking was the cause of the fall...perhaps a glass or two too many?. It was nothing of the sort...but still I experienced a moment of embarassment...at suddenly being in a vulnerable position. The beauty that came out of this moment...was two young people stopping to help me to pick up my stuff from the sidewalk. Like I often say..."the beauty is never far away"............Quester.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM , Blogger Sylvia said...

I'm one of your new fans that found you through YouTube. I suppose that since you listed this blog on your profile there, that you want people to read here.

I'm glad to hear that: the songs were well received, and the damage from the fall was minor. Getting off a bus would be awkward enough with just a guitar case.

I found an article through a Google search which said that you had written 1600 songs. My, that leaves a lot of songs that you've never released commercially. I'm looking forward to hearing a lot more of them on YouTube.

Thanks for sharing the beauty of your voice and your songs.

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger Quester said...

Thanks Sylvia!. Over a long life as an artist I've been blessed with many
creations. Songs are my first creative love...and I'm stll playing
catch up trying to record them...but all in all...a pleasant problem. Thanks for your encouraging words...and good luck with your own creations. Quester,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home