Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Online Friends & Comfort Zones


This week I've received two invitations to join "Facebook" as a friend. It was good of the two people who invited me...to do so...but before the first one of them mentioned "Facebook"...I'd never heard of it. Apparently...it's an online system through which friends can swop photos...and more. It's the "more" that I don't know anything about...but am hoping to find out shortly. Right now...I still need to do some information gathering...to see if I'll be comfortable...in the "Facebook" scheme of things. If I find that I would be...then...a joining up...is likely. So far...I've been functioning with ease...in the Blogger and YouTube systems...perhaps this new one will also turn out to be...a good extension of my horizons...we'll see. I think one horizon that's being extended with these new online systems...is the notion of "friends". Through the years I've felt that "friendship" is something that evolves...organically...and therefore...slowly. Perhaps...this new custom of inviting people to be friends online...or being invited...is an overdue mechanism...for fostering what will turn out to be real friendships. That too...we'll see. I guess part of what's at play here for me...is about extending my comfort zones. We'll see how that unfolds too.......
..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home