Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Only Waiting For The Real Roses


At the end of last April I wrote a post called..."April Roses"...followed by one a few weeks later called..."April Roses...Not"...when I discovered that I had been looking at artificial roses in someone's yard...at the end of April. Today...I walked by that same yard and there were "real roses" in that yard...fits with it being close to mid-June. I looked closely at those roses...then around them...and then it hit me...why things looked so different to me...today...from when I'd first looked at the flowers in that yard. The artificial roses that had made an April fool of me...were nowhere to be seen!. It seems they had served their purpose...for someone...who just couln't wait for the real roses to bloom!. Now that the living roses were here...it seems...they had been stored away...until early next spring. If I'm around then...I'll go checking for them...come April...but there'll be no more rhapsodies from me...about roses blooming in April...on the magical West Coast............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home