Monday, June 18, 2007

West Coast Patterns


It's a grey West Coast morning...but the clouds might move away as the day unfolds...a West Coast pattern that happens at certain times of the year...I'm not sure that this time in June is such a time. One pattern that I know from my time singing outdoors...is that the first half of June or so out here...is not a good time to schedule outdoor events...the evenings can be cold...and there's always the chance of rain. My favourite recurring pattern out here...is cherry trees blooming by January first. I've seen them flowering as early as November...once in a while. Perhaps the West Coast natural thing that impressed me as much as anything...coming to live here from Ontario...where the crocus is a flower of spring...period...was seeing crocuses...which also bloom here in spring...return fiercely in October...for a second blooming. On seeing this...I immediately got the metaphor that was being offered...and wrote a poem called..."October Crocuses"...which is...of course...how we human beings can have second and more...bloomings. Yes...I think I'm getting to know this part of the world I love...and some of its patterns...as time rolls on.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home