Thursday, July 05, 2007

Something About Summer


This early evening I went for a walk along the sea wall path by English Bay. It's been a real hot summer day...which usually calls me "down to the water". I had the feeling today...that after a lot of cool days...it's finally...really summer. I was also trying to put my finger on what the difference is to the other times of the year...with this "summer feeling" you get. It is among other things...a feeling of liberation...from all those layers of clothing you've been wearing...so much of the time. Your skin...inevitably with the increase in the temperature...gets more exposed to the sun than usual...and the skin of those around you becomes more visible than ever. But there is still something...that's elusive to pin down. What is it?...the sense that this is as good as it will get...so...what are you doing about that?...i.e. should you be trying something more dramatic than usual...perhaps...a trip to somewhere exotic?...or trying something you've never done before?. Something about summer...nudges at our status quo...I think...pushing us to do something different...or even unpredictable. Who knows?...I have a few more weeks to really figure out what it is...before it will be all gone. Yes... there's certainly "Something about summer"..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home