Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer Festivals


This has been the longest break from posting on my blog since I started. I've been
preoccupied with making videos...and other things. Among them...eight days ago I sang
in the Summer Dreams Literary Arts Festival. The day of the festival was one of the days in the longest rainy day stretch...in July...in this part of the world. I was happy for the organizers...who are friends...that the rain threatening all day...with it sometimes drizzling...held off enough to allow this outdoor festival...in beautiful Stanley Park...to happen. Yesterday...I attended two summer festivals. The first was a Caribbean one...on Vancouver's North Shore. I must have been smiling most of the time...as I took in...the Caribbean faces around me...reminding me of my country of origin...Guyana...and the musical voices...and the music from the main stage...compelling some present to rise up and dance. The second festival was in the
evening...the Illuminares Festival...which has been my favourite Vancouver festival for some years now...with it's rich display of creativity...imagination...playfulness
...humanity and beauty. Speaking of beauty...today's picture...was taken there...along with many others...from a lovely summer evening at Trout Lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home