Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lacrosse Night


Last night I was honoured by friends from a reserve in Southern Ontario...inviting me
to join them in watching their lacrosse team...the Six Nations Arrows...play in the Minto Cup playoffs. What was very special for them...and for me...was that their son Jacob was playing for the Arrows. I can only imagine how proud they must have been seeing him play...at this level of lacrosse. As an avid sports fan myself it felt great being there...with the added dimension of hanging out with friends I hadn't seen for a while. The Arrows happened to lose this particular game...but I very much enjoyed watching the high level of play. Their chances in the playoffs are still alive. My friends and myself...are scheduled to return to watch their do or die game tomorrow night. Whatever happens...I know it's been a memorable experience for me. One of the highlights for me was the Six Nations Dancers...doing their ceremonial dance at the
beginning of the game. Part of it is on the video clip I uploaded tonight. Let's see if
this one registers.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home