Monday, September 17, 2007

The Law Of How Things Accrue


As I close in on having done 800 postings to my blog...I am reminded of what might be
called..."The Law of How Things Accrue". Not my most flowing title as I attempt to
name things I've experienced or observed...but it will suffice for now. That "law" is
about how repeated effort...in a given area of your life...over time...will end up
producing a "sum of your efforts"...whether you worry about that sum being achieved...or not. It is about one of the secrets of life...that some have grasped well...the equivalent of what hockey coaches call...the "one game at a time" approach...i.e. one piece of the job at hand...at a time...without jumping ahead to where it will all lead in the end. One of the tricks about working on a project...with an outcome...that cannot be achieved in a day's work...is a turning your mind away from the largeness of the task at hand...and just focussing and acting upon the little piece of it you can get done today...then...as in the case of a book...looking up one day...to see that enough pages have accrued...to make for the first draft of a book. Back to my blog...making a book from it was not my intention when I started out posting to it...although` you never know what'll come up as things unfold. What can be said...is that nearly 800 postings have come since I started...about a variety of things...that likely...would not have been written about...had I not had a blog to channel them towards. So...here's to "things accruing"...as they do...if you keep pecking away....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home