Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Afternoon In The Gardens


Visited Van Dusen Gardens in Vancouver yesterday afternoon. Was surprised to find that
almost all of the larger flowering trees were not yet blossoming. This underlines for
me that it has been one of the coldest early springs that I've experienced on the West
Coast for quite a while. Fortunately there were a lot of the smaller flowering plants
blooming...and I ended up taking a lot of video of them...along with some of turtles
...patterns of rippling water...and reflections of trees and clouds. Among the many
bird sounds I heard...was the sound of a raven...causing me to conclude that raven
has a sweeter call than crow does...although it could be argued that anything does.
I came away uplifted by the beauty I'd experienced...even though full bloom had not yet come to the gardens..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home