Friday, May 02, 2008

The Gift Of Experience


Was writing in my long hand journal today...about how we tend to take for granted...
whatever skills we have honed...as we use them in the present. I was thinking especially...of all the strands that come together...every time I turn my camera on
to record a new song video. In my own case...there is the song itself...with its words
and its melody...creating each a challenge in its own right. Melody...was handed down
to me from my ancestors...and always came readily. It was the words of my songs...
especially when I first started writing them...that I had to struggle to find...for a
long time...and to this day...there are times when a melody might be waiting...but
the words refuse to come. Then there is the guitar playing...which early on playing
bad guitars...was such an uphill struggle. Then there is the singing...such a long time was spent gaining command over my voice...which can be such an elusive thing...unless you work on it...on and on. Harder to get a handle on...is the confidence I must have acquired...facing people in public performances over the years
...along with a command of the material I was presenting. Somewhere in there...is
somehow being centred as you perform...so that hopefully...you become a force field
emanating energy...that helps people to stay with what you are performing. I am sure
that's not the full extent of what's in place as you perform...but today...I brought
these things to the fore in my mind...to remind myself of...some...of what I Have to
be thankful for...as I place my hands in the right places on my guitar...and I turn
on my camera...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home