Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Interconnection Pictures


One of the things I want to do in this renewal of my Blog...is to post some of my pictures...[paintings]. The reason for this quibble just delivered...is that I prefer to call myself a picture maker...rather than a painter. I make my pictures organically...based on "nudges from the deep"...the way I tend to approach just about everything else I create. As a self taught artist in all the creative idioms I engage in...I...of course ...didn't go to school to learn to paint. I make my pictures anyway...but once in a blue moon I wish I had some of the technical...or should I say
"painterly" knowledge about mixing paints etc...you learn in art school. On the other hand...i am a great believer...in the creative power we each carry in us...which when harnessed...can lead us to creations...with a different look or feel to them...and the solving of problems we encounter as we create. Today's picture is one of a series i did...to try to show...in my simple way...the interconnectivity of things...i.e. how everything is connected to everything else. It's interesting...to me anyway...how the female and male central figures came out. They emerged...with boxing gloves on!. Now...I wonder where that idea came from. Regardless...they and the punching bags around them...are full of colour...and they are...of course...all...interconnected!. More paintings to be shown and written about later................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home