Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Long Hand Daily Journals


Was just looking through one of my long hand journals...taken at random...from two
shelves of these usually black and red keepers...of details and flights of the imagination...over many years. In today's chosen journal...I rediscovered some stories
I had written...that I could appreciate much better now...than when I first wrote them. They were all too long...however..to be borrowed for this morning's post...instead...nudging me to face this blog page without their help...so here we are. I am really glad I've kept a daily long hand journal over many years. For one thing...in this time when my memory plays tricks on me...it is great to have them to consult...about events and ideas and creations of the past. There are many benefits in keeping a daily journal...but I've just named one of the very important ones...having it as a record of what you were experiencing and thinking in times past. For me...this online journal...is different from my daily long hand journal...which is for my eyes only...and also contains a record...at times...of mundane daily transactions. Anyway...on this cloudy early afternoon in June...I am glad I've disciplined myself to do both...I only hope I'll be able to keep up my blogging...for as long as I've been returning to my trusty daily journal................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home