Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pictures Of Another Time-10


When I first began blogging...I started a series of entries...called..."Pictures Of
Another Time". Can't remember how the last of those that was posted was numbered...so I'll just call this one number 10. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.
I would add to that..."a picture can bring back details of a time...that you had forgotten". Today's picture...is of yours truly...[I know there's no resemblance to the current me...but that's how life unfolds...came close to saying "unravels" but refrained...given I'm a positive person]. It was one of the pictures taken for display...at the Westbury Hotel...in Toronto...where I was singing six nights a week...solo. I shudder...now...at the thought of taking on a gig like that...at this point in my life...but then...I had a laser-like focus on..."doing what I had to do". Commanding attention...in a large room full of people...preoccupied with the evening's agenda...which was not necessarily...listening to someone sing...proved to be a character test every time I went on stage...but I survived...somehow. Notice...I was sporting a "brush cut" at the time...[the time of the bushy headed poet had not yet arrived]. A conga drum is the chosen prop. There was another picture taken with a guitar...which even then...was my accompanying instrument...not so much the drum. I remember the shirt I was wearing. It was a deep blue silk shirt that survived for many years before I lost track of it. I know it wasn't worn until it turned to rags...so whatever did happen to it?. As they say in Guyana where I was born and raised..."after a time...is another time!". Today...I salute that "time"...so long ago...which is also of course...a part of who I am...in this time................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home