Friday, June 27, 2008

Signs Of Hope


Every day...on television...radio...newspapers...and now the internet...you read or hear about things done by human beings...that if you focussed on them exclusively...
could turn you into someone with a very jaundiced view of humankind. A realization that came to me years ago...has saved me from that fate. It is that at the same time that the ugly things are happening...there are beautiful things being done by humans...not to mention the beauty that is in all of Creation. Today's picture...is from a mural...on a corner...about a block away from where I live. I remember...a few years back...when a group of enthusiastic young people were working on this picture...which among other things...gives a glimpse of the diversity present...in this city with so much to offer. I am sure it is true of many cities...but one of the impressive things about Vancouver...is its varied displays of public art...beautifying the city when the winds of winter...have caused the plentiful flowers to fall away. I hope to return in the future...with more examples of public art...in my city. There is too much of it that is varied and fine...for it not to be mentioned...in any portrayal of the city I'm privileged to live in...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home