Sunday, July 27, 2008

An Abundance Of Video Material


Just returned from North Vancouver's Caribbean Festival...likely...more about that later. It's been a hectic weekend...with many sights...sounds...conversations...and
experiences to process. Also...a large amount of video material to edit. Given...so far ...I haven't done any "talking head" videos...the events that suit my video making out in the world...are ones with movement and dance...and human beings sharing something in a vital way. Yesterday's festival...a literary one...for all its merits...was not a feast for video making...of the kind of video I just described. Today's festival...provided much food for a video maker...or should I say...this one. I am...of course...not writing here about the videos I make at home base...where reflection...triste...thought that can find images to go with it...life affirmation and other aspects of being human...can hopefully...be represented. I'm
talking here about the kind of event or happening...out in the world...that gives you
motivation enough...to attend...with your cameras in tow. As they used to say on the
river I grew up on in Guyana..."I can't complain"...this summer has brought me an
abundance of video material...a lot of which...I am yet to turn to finished videos.
Wish me happy editing!................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home