Friday, July 04, 2008

Fugitive From Expectations


Mentioned earlier today...in a conversation with a relative...who talked about lowering the expectations of others about what you should do...that I'd once written a song called..."Fugitive From Expectations"...about shying away from what others expect of you...on the one hand...but on the other...questioning yourself for doing so. As I look at this queation of expectations of others of you...now...what do I see?. What is beginning to emerge...is that there may be times in life...when considering the expectations of others...for you...might make sense. However...the "freedom lover" in me...I still hear saying...but what about your...or my authentic self...and its needs?. I have often felt sadness...when I reflected on the lives of others...that seemed to have been sucked dry by the needs of others...while they turned away from a calling from their authentic selves...to do and live something very different from what they ended up with. Like so much else in life...I guess...it's about each of us
deciding how we are going to live out our lives...based on our notions of what really
matters to us. Sometimes...this is likely to bow to the expectations of others...
sometimes not. To each his own...different strokes...que sera sera...I still see that
there may be times in life...when the call is...simply to be...a "Fugitive From Expectations".......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home