Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Artist's Territory


As a creative artist over many years...I've looked upon the territory from which my
creations come...as being wide and deep...and especially...not limited to one area of
being human. The furthest thing from my approach...would be...to regurgitate popaganda
on one narrow aspect of our human journey...on and on. I know that by doing so...I would confine myself to the role of propagandist...and I know how that would bore me as time wore on. From time to time...in between all the messages of encouragement I get for my work...there are some responses...that seem to indicate...that the message sender knows best...about what an artist should create around...or even what he should think. Such people...are of course...entitled to their opinions...but they...of course
...will never convince me...to stop investigating...the width and depth of being human
...from the silly...to the very serious...in my work. I wish them all...peace...in whatever they've chosen to do...or think...in their lives..............Quester.
P.S. Today's photo is of a picture on a hoarding...on Hastings Street...Vancouver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home