Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spam...Spam...Dirty Spam


[Photo: Detail from the front door of a school in my neighbourhood].
Was looking through the archives of this Blog last night...at entries made when there
was no mechanism in place to prevent spam. Just about every entry had comments...the
only trouble was...many of them were of the..."Great blog...now check my site" variety. If people only knew of my distaste for transparent attempts at spamming...replete with insincere compliment...then a revealing of the spammer's real agenda. I reluctantly put a mechanism in place...I think it's called..."comment moderation". Sometimes I think it might be too effective...blocking spam...but possibly being a tad difficult for those who might be nudged to post genuine comments. I like to live in peace...and not live my life taking offence at almost everything that comes my way...in a world where too many seem to be saying..."I'm offended by this...I'm offended by that". Despite that...I confess to feeling aggravated sometimes...at the spam that comes my way...every day of my life. It appears like
vermin...in my mail box...in insincere voices on my telephone...and more recently via
YouTube where I have many videos...the only fly in the ointment...for what has been a
tremendously positive experience. How it works...is that some of the people who ask
to be your online friend...once you agree...you tecnically open the way for them to
send you "friendly spam"...some inundating you daily with notices about videos you
can't possibly have time to view. It seems these people...and so far they are not
many...are totally oblivious...that their frequent and many notices...have become
nothing more than spam to the receiver. Not the best way to "grow friendship"...with
someone who opened the door to you in a friendly way. Here's wishing that spam of all
kinds...disappears from the face of this Earth...and failing that...I learn to fully
accept one of the most disagreeable aspects of modern life...along with the good in it...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home