Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Splendid Multi-cultural Night


Last night I performed at a multi-cultural gathering...put on by the Guyana Association in these parts. I am still processing all the fine moments that transpired...meeting people I've met before...and new ones...with whom I had many warm exchanges. I had to wait to go on stage a lot later than I had anticipated...but got into my "acceptance of what pertains" mode. Over the years I've learnt that when you set out to do an engagement...you can never really anticipate what you'll have to overcome...so the thing is to not fight and fuss...about what "is"...see peacefully if things can be changed to something that might work better...but if nothing can be changed..."go with the flow". There were some powerful performances from...a Nisga traditional singing and dancing group...lion dancers...bhangra dancers...a bag piper...offering a fine cross section...of cultures in this part of the world. My songs and talk portion of the evening...was well received. What is more...a friend took video of it with my camera ...and I took video of the other performers...so...it looks like there will also be more videos generated by this night. Today's picture...is of yours truly...flanked by two distinguished men...originally from Guyana...and now with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police...all in all it was a good situation in which to find yourself...flanked by the R.C.M.P...........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home