Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dreams Of A Clutter Free Place


From time to time...a picture comes to my mind...of my living in a place...with clean
lines...and clutterless...a "monk-like pad" you could say. Yes...I do carry in me a
wish to be free of clutter...in the place I call home. However...there's
a basic law at work it seems...if you keep adding objects...to a space...that for some
strange reason...never expands by a cubic inch...while its contents does...you are
actually delivering on a recipe for clutter. I've done several..."clutter clearing"
missions over my years in the same space. Sometimes...it involves...simply moving the
piles of clutter...out of sight...into any places that can be found...at the time.
Sometimes...it involves...a more resolute approach than that...moving objects out of
my home forevermore. Sometimes...this can take the form...of giveaways...to individuals or thrift stores...but most of the time...it is simply..."out you go"...regardless of destination. That's...of course...when you run into a universal
dilemma...what do you keep...and what do you designate as...throw-out-able. That is
often...the hardest part of the clearing clutter process. I remember once coming up
with a rule of thumb to solve this...if it's broken...out it goes...and if its been
packed away in a closet...never used...for the last five years...it's a serious
candidate...for going outward bound. These days...I'm in an ongoing...and slowly
unfolding process...of moving things...tiny or jumbo sized...out of my home. Perhaps
...some day up ahead...I'll finally find myself...in that place with clean lines...
and free of objects...that I keep stumbling over..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home