Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grey Skies And The Big Picture


Outside my front window...the rain clouds bulge...and the tattered leaves of late
August...tremble in a cool wind. For the last two weeks at least...their have been
signs of autumn...writing on the landscape around me. Just a very short while ago...
it seems...I was taking pictures of the first fresh flowers of spring. It is no secret
that I am a lover of spring...and the coming of autumn...can get a bit "haunty" for me
...with the slow dying unfolding on the land...but as always...I have to turn my mind
...to what is good about this time I'm in. Autumn and winter...are optimum seasons...
for getting down to doing...and finishing projects...that have been hanging around for
a long time. The hockey season is not too far away from starting...although the way
my team has been performing...or non-performing...the last few years...I should be full of trepidation...instead of anticipation. Although I was born in...and shaped by...the tropics...where every day is a warm day...and a wholesale dying on the land doesn't happen...I must confess...to having become fond...of the changing of the seasons...and the variety and contrast in what each one brings. I also know...that spring for all its magic...wouldn't really exist...without the winter that preceeded it. Yes...these grey days of August...with November yet to come...push me to look at the Big Picture...of the seasons unfolding...just the way they do...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home