Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Inescapable Beauty Of Butterflies


Ever since I started taking digital pictures...I've been wanting to get a picture of
a butterfly. A few days ago...as I was walking..I saw this butterfly alight...in a
short tree just ahead of me. I got my camera ready...while feeling...that at any
moment...my long awaited picture would fly away from me. I took one picture...feeling
...surely there is not going to be time for any others...but the subject involved...
kept hanging on where it was. It was a hot day and maybe it was simply resting.
Anyway...much to my surprise...I was able to take as many pictures of it...as I wanted. Today's photo...is one of them. As a song maker and poet...the butterfly...of course...has hip hopped its way into many of my creations...with lines like:..."Butterfly from off the midnight wind...fluttering close then flying away...How could you change so fast...so easily...warm then like a winter's day"...or..."Butterfly...wings made out of mist...was it you I kissed...like a song...too soon gone". There have been many before me...I'm sure...who have invoked the butterfly in their creations...as a representation of transformation...or impermanence...or fickleness...or more. It's quite amazing...how an entity...so wispy...so elusive...could have made such a mark on our consciousness...but then again...maybe those qualities...are part of the reason why it has...not to mention...the inescapable beauty of butterflies.....Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home