Saturday, August 30, 2008

Little Victories


Once wrote a song with the line..."little victories keep me keepin' on". It is so true
...that for most of us...that the incoming phone call or the knock on the door...is not likely to produce...congratulations...for having just won the Nobel Prize...or 64 million dollars in the lottery. Our victories...such as they are...tend to be small...like learning to replace a blown fuse...or setting up the vcr to record a program when we are not at home. [Having just bravely said that...I still haven't figured that one out...although vcrs are on the verge of becoming extinct...
so...for me...that would actually be a giant win]. But now...we are in the computer/online age...being called upon to click our way...sometimes past illogical sounding instructions...on a merciless screen. For me...every time I'm called upon to do that...I have to gird myself...like a soldier about to enter ambush territory.
Last night...I got it up to do just that...feeling it was time I changed the appearance of this Blog. I did some tests on my test Blog first...having learnt that
with these online challenges...you need to have in place...some kind of backup...
and not wanting to click the wrong place and have my 900 plus entries vanish
forever. To conclude...my efforts at getting my text in italics...or writ bold...
didn't come off this time...and remain a challenge for another day...but as you
can see...today...my Blog has a spanking new look!. For this little victory...
I am thankful.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home