Friday, August 29, 2008

Off The Transcontinental


[Photo: Detail from wall painting at Slocan and Hastings in Vancouver].
In my time...I've been a lover of long train rides. This poem was written...along with
several others...on one such...across Canada.
"In the wee hours at Hornepayne...
I slip off the transcontinental
to fill my lungs
with the cool North Ontario air...
while my fellow travellers...
jump off the train and fumble for
forbidden cigarettes...
Long train rides have a way
of revealing people's addictions...
and the self righteousness...
of those who have theirs
well concealed........."
...............Quester.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Blogger pralinanmi said...

Great new look! And thanks for continuing to inspire and inform with your wonderful photos and writing...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home