Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Reminders Of Time Passing


Since I've had a web site...people I've known in past eras of my life...or who have known my music from a long time ago...have gotten in touch. This is one of the aspects of being on the web I enjoy the most. One of the first things that happens when contact is renewed...is to ask the person who is getting in touch...how it's been for them. After that...you find yourself asking after mutual acquaintances...in the past era... and about what has happened to them. The last few years...the story I've gotten back quite a few times...is sobering. It's that so and so passed on in 1996...or so and so...in 2001. This is...of course...a reminder that you are getting older...and also that this way we human beings have of assuming people we know are always going to be around...is one more illusion we tend to suffer from. When I reflect on that...it reminds me...to be appreciative of people...while they are still here. Of course...my record on that aspect of life is imperfect...but on days like today...I remind myself of it. Maybe...the tattering by summer of the leaves on the tree...outside my window...is another reminder...of how leaves on trees...come and go with the seasons...a bit like how it is...for us human beings...as our Earth Walk...unfolds.........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home