Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Song And Guitar Videos


[Detail from wall painting at Charles and Commercial in Vancouver].
Hadn't recorded a song and guitar video for a while...so...this morning I decided I had to break the non-doing swamp...waiting to swallow me up. First I looked through my song files...through one song after the other...saying again and again to myself...not that one...not today. It's funny how arbitrary the song for video selection can be...a song turned away from today...can bloom into the song to be recorded tomorrow. I finally honed in on a song...written one August...quite a few years ago...and started to learn its words...and to find again...its chords on the guitar. Then there were several steps re computer and camera...not to mention...selecting a shirt for the occasion. [My big black hat is almost automatic...although one of these days...I may replace that with one of my funky caps recently bought]. Anyway...after delivering on the many steps required...I launched into my recording of the song. Today...was one of the tough slog days...until I finally arrived at a take I think will work...I'll know better after I get into editing it. Anyway...it was good to be doing song and guitar videos again...maybe the next one...soon...won't be as difficult...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home