Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Reminders Of Your Artist's Work


Recently...I've been sorting out...materials I've created over the years...and things
related to them. They have been scattered around my home...in many piles...trays...
boxes...or on several shelves. The dream here...is to have..."one central place"...for
each of the categories...so in the future...I know exactly where to go to find an item
...rather than going on one more inefficient search. For example...I want to have...all my song words on loose pages...in one place...as I make videos of my songs. Just because I've written a song...doesn't mean its words have been memorized forever...and so having the words readily available...is very necessary when recording time comes. The melodies of songs...I usually remember on and on...it's just the words I find more elusive. In engaging in this filing and indexing process...I've
rediscovered all kinds of materials...I'd forgotten I'd created. It never ceases to
amaze me...how...if anyone were to ask me...name twenty songs you've written...how
much difficulty I would have doing that...although I've written hundreds and hundreds of songs. So...another benefit of engaging in this sorting out process...which can
be messy...while it's being engaged in...is the many rediscoveries you make...
reminding you...that all these years...you've been ongoingly doing creative artist's
work...and here are the fruits of it...in the event you've forgotten..........
................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home