Monday, September 08, 2008

Songs Loved For A Long Time


This week I rigged up a cassette player to two large speakers. Although this might seem a backward step...in my embracing of new technology...in many ways...for me...for now ...it's a move to listen again...to tapes of songs and other music...I've been out of touch with...in recent times. It'll be interesting to see what'll happen...when the
last cassette tape player goes the way of the dinosaur...perhaps...by then...I may have figured out how to turn all my music to digital formats...to be played on a digital machine. For the last several days...however...it's been wonderful...rediscovering songs I hadn't heard in a while. Like Emmy Lou Harris' version of "Hickory Wind"...or Paddy Griffin's wonderful song "Mary"...or an instrumental version of "La Paloma"...a song from my child days in Guyana. Something positive does happen to you...when you listen again to your songs from past eras...that's nostalgic...but also inspirational ...sometimes. Yes...music can inspire. I suppose that's why it's been...such a big part of my life...for so many years..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home