Sunday, September 28, 2008

Starting In


Living the life of a free lance artist is not an easy thing. It's a feast or famine
journey...with many fluctuations. In my 9 to 5 days...reporting to work at an office
every week day...the unfolding of my work day...was very much shaped by my work place
...and those above me in the office heirarchy. One of the hardest things for me...
when I left that behind...to plunge into the uncertain seas of free lancehood...was
managing time over each long day stretching before me...not having been totally responsible for that before. That...and keeping my own company for long hours...as I
rehearsed...or tried to create a new song...still left slices of time...sometimes
large...for me to cut into smaller slices of activity. It was the kind of situation
that could easily have turned me into...a permanent talker to myself. I was somehow
spared that fate...and over the years...the "slow time" I had in my life...allowed
me to respond to many triggers for songs or other creations...as they came to me...
in a way that they never would have...had I been running from appointment to
appointment. To this day...managing my time...can still give me difficulty at times
...but...so far...I've been able to continue my work as an artist...with some of
the constructive approaches and habits I picked up...journeying on a long...and
sometimes rocky road. One of them...is...instead of waiting for the perfect
inspiration...or beginning...simply..."start in". I find that this even works...
for posting entries to my Blog..........................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home