Saturday, September 06, 2008

Tests For A Video Maker...Online


[Photo: Sand sculpture at PNE '08]. Putting your videos on YouTube...apart from the
great benefit of having some of your work available to the world...has some other
aspects to it...some hidden...some not. One i've usually enjoyed...is having people...
including relatives I've lost touch with...getting back in touch. Perhaps in the future ...I'll devote a Blog post to this alone...but this morning I want to write about putting your artist's work online...and the attitude you have to carry inside yourself about it. The first time I uploaded one of my songs on video to YouTube...I had to really get myself up to do it...feeling I was risking a total non-response from the world outside my window...or even a savage dismissal of what I had to offer. [I'd seen a few of those previously online]. I was fortunate that my first video uploaded...was responded to plentifully and affirmatively. As you continue to upload videos of your work...you experience many fluctuations in response...with song videos you feel good about not being responded to...the way you feel they deserve...or...sometimes...some being responded to over and above the way you thought would happen. For me...having videos on YouTube...has become a testing thing as it fluctuates. I've trained myself ...not to define myself...by the numbers attracted by my artist's work...but to have my own evaluation of my work...regardless of what happens to it. This training...has been well tested...during my online video journey. Hope it continues to remain in place for me...through the fluctuations...of what lies ahead.........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home