Saturday, October 18, 2008

After The Roses Are Gone


Earlier today...a leisurely walk...in the mild October sunshine...produced many pictures...including today's...of...for those who may not know...rose hips...which is what remains after the rose petals have gone. This picture...triggered the title
for today's entry. I remember...how when I first came to live on the West Coast of Canada...how keen my song making mind was...to find out how late in the year...roses
bloomed in this part of the world. I had...just before I came here...and still lived
in Eastern Canada...written a prophetic [for me] song...called "Pacific Dream". In it
was a line that said..."sending me where December roses grow"...and I wanted to verify
that roses did bloom that late on the West Coast. My "rose checks'...over the months
leading up to December...proved that for September...October...and November...I could
justify using any of those months...as times when roses bloomed in my new home. By the
time I hit December...there were still a few roses left...but I reluctantly
concluded...that they were too few...and too battered...to justify saying in my song
...that I was going to where December roses grow. Instead...I settled for November...
in my song...which is now...one of over a hundred of my songs...on YouTube. So...
even as I publish a picture of the "remains of a branch of roses"...there are still
some left...to bear witness to the long blooming season for roses...on the West
Coast of Canada........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home