Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Autumn Song Revisited


One of the pleasant surprises of my videos on YouTube...is the affirmative way people
have responded to my "Autumn Song". When I uploaded it...because it was "my kind of song"...soulful...and reflective...I felt that it might not be widely watched...because of the "triste"...that was underlying the song...and the singing of it. One of the great things about uploading videos to YouTube...is that the choice of what you upload...is totally in your hands...and you can...sometimes...simply upload...songs you are glad you wrote...regardless of how "catchy" they turned out. The truth is there are a lot of songs...where "being catchy"...is certainly not what they are about...but instead...what they are saying...how they are saying it...and other subtler qualities. Anyway...I'm glad I uploaded "Autumn Song"...sharing with people in far flung places...verses like..."Autumn never smiles...at those who face the wind...There are no favours...taken...given...this time...This time is for the wind...this time is for the stone...this time is for the one who can catch fire"..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home