Monday, October 13, 2008

Hopeful Things


Once wrote a poem called..."Working With What You've Got". It starts out by mentioning
how there are times when I get disappointed by fellow members of the human race. It
goes on to say...that I know that when that happens...I can't head off to another
planet...where I'll be surrounded by much more enlightened beings...who wouldn't let me down...the way I've just been let down. It also actknowledges...the let downs I've
dished out in my time. It ends up by saying you've got to work with what you've got.
Very broadly speaking...I see...the words...behaviours...and actions of my fellow human beings...as falling into two main categories...ones which dim my hopes for this human race I belong to...like people saying they won't vote for a leadership candidate...because he's black...and many other manifestations of blindness and
backwardness. Fortunately...there are a myriad other small and large things...that give me hope for us Earthlings...even seeing...in this time of noise...running
around...video games...and celebrity worship...a young woman...on a pleasant October morning...sitting on a bench by the sea...reading a book.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home