Wednesday, October 22, 2008

January February March


"And the rain of autumn turns to snow...and the snow of winter turns to blues...for it
seems that I can't pick and choose...where I'll go...when the snow...circles me all
around...circles me round". These are words from my song..."January February March"...
which I wrote years ago...when I lived in Ontario. It is a good example of a song
springing quite directly...out of the environment you live in. I shudder as I remember
the fierceness of the Ontario winter...one of the strong reasons why I moved to the
West Coast of Canada. I couldn't have written that song...if I had been living in a
place with mild and green winters...as I do now. I have living on the line where the
mountains meet the ocean...to thank for many of the songs I've written since I came to
my new home...but today...I am thankful to my Ontario days...for the songs that could
only have come out of living there...like January February March...a time that will
feel a lot different when it comes again soon...from when I was a soldier...schluffing through the Ontario snows..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home