Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Long Time Artist...New Technology


[Photo: detail from wall painting at Slocan & Hastings in Vancouver].
I really appreciate...every video I am able to make these days. I remember how impossible...to all intents and purposes...for the longest time...it was for me to
make a video of one of the songs I had written. The process was either too expensive...or if you ever lucked into some video equipment...the question always hanging over you would be...but the video you would make from it...was it of "broadcast" quality?. These factors were so real for me...that decades of writing songs...slipped away...without my making a single song video. That is...until 2006...when I discovered that the digital still camera I had bought...had a video option. In 2007...I first heard of YouTube...and now...141 videos of my created work...mostly songs...are available to the world online...with affirmative messages about them...being sent to my site...from many far flung places. I am thankful I survived long enough as a creative artist...to embrace some brilliant new
technologies...at least to the extent...of making videos the self taught way...and
posting some of them to YouTube...or even this Blog...from time to time. Here's to
being always open to new tools to create with...and somehow lasting...until they
arrive on your horizon......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home