Thursday, October 02, 2008

Night As Life Helper


Night...is a time for human beings to rest...before they begin again...on a new day.
Rest...for healthy earthlings...renews our life energy...to face another day. These
days...when I think of my youth...I remember the times of wanting to solve what ever
needed to be solved...right there and then...and sometimes building up intensity...as if that would "take me over the top". In time...I learnt...that "living in the moment"
...didn't mean that you should live and act in desperation...in the Here and Now.
I saw that it was better to develop and maintain...a "core of calmness"...as your life
unfolded...and not try to bludgeon life into glorious being. A measure of patience...
came into my life...as I learnt about how the things you work on...day after day...
accrue results...over time. This morning...I find myself looking at "night"...as a
marker that exists between our days of effort...giving us a chance...to let go of the
dissonances of a given day...not worry about tomorrow...and rest before we face
another day. In a way...night helps us to live our lives...in small slices...rather
than trying to solve it all...in a single day.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home