Sunday, October 19, 2008

Taking Pictures...A Welcome Addition


Yesterday's walks produced many pictures...with the colours of autumn coming into
many of them. I usually take my little digital camera with me on my walks. I would like to think that I'm always on the look out for pictures of the beautiful or interesting ...but some days i "see" more pictures to be taken...than on other days. Perhaps...for reasons we are not even conscious of...our receptivity to what's going on around us...is either open...or closed off...to varying degrees. I suppose a sunny day...albeit with a gentle October sun...was a receptivity opening agent...and I responded to the cue given me. I think that since I've started having my camera as my walk companion...my eyes have become more open to the pictures around me...so...yes...my "seeing" has improved overall...since I've been taking pictures. Of course...the picture you have in mind...when you are about to take it...doesn't always match the picture you get...when you click...however...in editing pictures in the program available on my computer...I am often able to upgrade pictures...that at first glance...were not outstanding. Even the simple act of cropping out the extraneous...unbalancing...edges of a picture ...can end up producing a picture with a power...or charm...it didn't have...first time round. Anyway...taking pictures...and editing them...has become a nice change of pace in my artist's work...and it has also provided me many pictures...for possible use in my videos...or right here...on my Blog...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home