Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Night Of Overcoming And Blessing


In all my years of performing out in the world...I have seldom been late for an
engagement...muchless missed one. I can't even remember the last time I missed one.
That's why last evening...heading to an engagement...celebrating British Columbia's 150th birthday...it was deeply frustrating for me...to leave home two hours early...
trusting I would find a taxi out on the streets...in short order. I waited in three
different locations...eyes peeled...but it was as if all the taxis of my city had decided to disappear at the same time. I was beginning to feel that I would miss my
first engagement in many years...when...in answer to my prayers...one finally found me. On the long ride to the hall where the event was being held...I worked on calming
myself...because one of the reasons I have been an early bird in the past...getting
to my engagements...is that I know how rushing to get there...can throw me off
my centre...and affect my performance...negatively. By the time I hit the stage I
was composed...and able to deliver my words and songs...without showing...the
harrowing I had just gone through. The 550 people present responded well...and when
it was over...I felt I had been specially blessed this night...by forces...out of
a higher region. I am thankful for the turn around that happened last night....
...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home