Monday, November 10, 2008

Seeing And Hearing Sharper


One of the first habits someone wishing to unleash his or her creative potential...has
to develop...is seeing and hearing like never before. Since I've acquired my digital
cameras...although I was trying to see sharply before that...I've found that it has
nudged me to seeing pictures everywhere...and actually taking some of them. When it
comes to listening better...I feel that in conversation with others...I've consciously
retrained myself to listen a bit better than I once did...not only for creative reasons ...but also...in order to develop better communication with my fellow human beings...having realized some years ago...that left unbridled...like many other people...I might end up yapping on and on. To this day...I still haven't mastered the art of eavesdropping...in public places...which some artists cultivate...the better to acquire grist for their creative mill. Dining out in the past with a dear friend of mine...who was a writer...I couldn't help but observe her...craning her beautiful neck...to pick up a piece of conversation...from a few tables away. I used to kid her about it...but I understood why she was doing it. Anyway...seeing and hearing sharper...are two great steps...on the creative arist's journey.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home