Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Song Revisited


Yesterday...my Thanksgiving Song video...on YouTube...benefiting it seems...from Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. coming up shortly...and surging in the number of people watching it...passed 5,000 views. There are many videos online with many more views
than that...and many...including some of mine...with two digit viewership...some of which might deserve a better fate. Over many years...I've trained myself not to let
numbers accruing around a piece of my creative work...define it. There are all kinds
of reasons why some videos online...get a lot of views...and why some are left alone.
The important thing...is to try for a kind of relinquishment...of the piece of your
work...you have let loose...on the sea of cyberspace. The other thing that you
work on over the years of creating things...is developing your own sense about the
quality of a piece of your work...and not giving away your power to others...to define
it for you. Having said that...I am happy...that a "goodly number" of people have
found my Thanksgiving Song online...and can share with me...the spirit of..."All The
Time Thankfulness"...it was written from. For this...I give thanks!......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home