Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Today's Cherry Blossoms


Good thing I didn't do my blog entry first thing this morning...as I often do. Walking
on a sunny...and fairly warm afternoon...across my neighbourhood...was ideal for taking pictures. I walked passed this yard...and did a double take...did my eyes see what I thought I just saw?. On taking a few steps back...to look again...I verified that they hadn't been playing tricks on me. Yes...they were looking at cherry blossoms in November!. I took today's picture...and walking on...saw at least one more such tree...blossoming. When I first came to live on the West Coast...one of my traditions over a few years...was to go to a certain part of Stanley Park...on New Year's Day...to see the cherry blossoms there...in bloom. I've seen them come out as early as November before. Some people say it's because they are being fooled by the weather. I myself...have a hunch that they know exactly what they're doing...deciding that the usual greyness of November...is a good time to bring a ray of hope...to those who live here...reminding us all...that spring is not far away......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home