Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Changes Brought By The Weather


On a day like today...with the snow falling...and the roofs in the foreground...[the
background...including my mountains...have been blotted out]...in danger of caving in
from their snow load...I can see why strangers ...in close proximity to each other...in elevators...and other crowded spaces...talk about the weather...like I'm doing right now. It's in your face...and on your mind...and unavoidable. I have often smiled at the sight of different coloured umbrellas...bobbing along the sidewalk...as it snowed ...out here on the West Coast. It's a sight I don't think I've ever seen...anywhere else in the North...[an Equator Boy's term for Canada etc.]. Anyway...a little while ago I joined the sidewalk bobbers...supposedly sheltering under my tattered black snow protector. Don't know how much protection I got from it...but I smiled in recognition of my having finally become a true West Coaster...in the winter. However stubborn you may be...the weather where you live...will wreak its changes on you...and have you talking and writing about the weather...like everybody else..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home