Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Happy Wednesday" From Woe Boy


There's a little poem I learnt as a child...that was no doubt designed to help you
remember the names of the days of the week. That may have been the intent...but I took
something else out of it. It's interesting that the only line I can remember from it
...is..."Wednesday's child is full of woe". I happened to have been born on a
Wednesday...so I couldn't help but make the connection between me and woe...and it may
have added one more thing to my list of things to overcome...in my journey through life. One of the lines of this poem said that a child born on another day of the week...was..."full of grace". I just can't remember which day of the week that was...but I certainly knew...that it wasn't about "woe boy". Regardless...a happy Wednesday...even to all of those ...who happen to have been born on this day...which according to that little poem...is to be avoided....when you're deciding to come into this world. The things they teach us...early on............................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home