Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Thousand Highways


Just uploaded to YouTube a video of a song called..."A Thousand Highways"...with the
lines..."So long...goodbye...to a thousand highways I have taken...I have forsaken my roving ways". This song foreshadowed...my finally leaving the touring part of the life
of a song maker behind. I remember how it became tougher and tougher to leave home...
travel long...and find myself alone in a hotel...in a town where I was going to sing...where sometimes...I didn't know anyone. What helped me to leave touring behind...was that I din't need to feed a hunger to be in front of audiences...performing...to define me. Fortunately...it was...the creating of songs and other things...that was central to me...in being an artist. Creating...after I moved to living on the beautiful ...inspiring West Coast...suited the life I found myself wanting to live...so much so...that I found myself not wanting to leave my mountains and ocean behind...to go anywhere. Today...I can look out at my mountains
...although that is not always the case...with the sun shining on parts of them...not
covered by clouds...and echo the words of a song...a bit like a prophecy...written
a long time ago..."so long...goodbye...to a thousand highways I have taken".....
.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home