Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Creative Artist's Approach


From early on...as someone who created...songs...poems...pictures...etc...I learnt that...you should wean yourself away...from becoming too dependent...on the things people say about your work...whether it was affirmative...negative...or totally missed the point...about what you intended with your creation. I resolved to keep working on
making my work better...and not allowing anyone else...to define my work or myself.
It's funny how this creator's outlook...has influenced...my list of do's and don't's.
For instance...in introducing a song I was about to sing...I have never said..."I hope
you enjoy this song"...seeing that at one fell swoop...if I did that...I would be
saying...it is your decision...not mine...whether this song...is any good or not.
Having said all that...like every other human being...I appreciate it...when strokes
come my way. It's warming to know...other people like a song...you yourself feel
good about having written. I have been very fortunate...that many have said
affirmative things about my work...and I am thankful for that. The challenge to do
what I do better...is ongoing...and likely...needed. In the meantime...thanks to all
who have taken the time to send a kind word...my way..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home