Sunday, January 04, 2009

Rain


Years ago...visiting Alberta...Canada...I told a friend...I was planning to move from
Ontario...to live on the West Coast of Canada. He replied with two encouraging words..."terminal mildew". He was...of course...refering to what is quite well known...which is...that it rains a fair bit on Canada's West Coast...sometimes affectionately...or not so affectionately called..."The Wet Coast". I...for some strange reason...[it was actually because I just couldn't wait any longer]...came to live in Vancouver at the end of October one year...which is actually around the time...the main rainy season begins here ...and sure enough it did...acquainting me first hand...and fast...with what people in the East...grab on to...sometimes...to subtract a bit from the beauty of mountains and ocean. I remember telling a friend from Toronto...who was kidding me about the rain..."sure it rains out here...but it's a dry kind of rain". For me...the beauty of my new home...vastly outweighs...whatever inconvenience the rain may bring...and...of course...inspired a deluge of new songs and other creations since that October move...including today's digital painting...and the song "Rain"...which I just turned to a video...and uploaded to YouTube yesterday. Today...the rain is back...melting the ice on sidewalks...that had become dangerous...with ice from the recent snows...that have stayed longer than usual. Soon one of the big gifts of the rain will become apparent...as the first flowers of spring begin to arrive...gradually...but in the month of January............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home