Monday, February 02, 2009

Critter Feeders


Took this picture of racoons...at Lost Lagoon...on the edge of Stanley Park...about a
week ago. This is one of the few pictures I was able to get of them...without showing
the human beings who were feeding them that day. This is a regular ritual at this
place. I always feel a bit conflicted when I witness this panhandling by creatures
once wild...with many human beings...being only too ready to help in the process. Who
can ever tell what the actual motive is...of any person who engages in the feeding of
"wild" creatures. Perhaps...it is...that they are simply concerned about the well being of the creatures...they are throwing things like pop corn at. {I've always wondered about the health of the creature eating these kinds of foods...]. Given my tendency to look at many sides of a given issue...I've also wondered...about the "ego rush"...some might experience...at having these "wild" creatures...coming to them...to get the food they are offering. Perhaps...wild creatures who have had large cities...
or towns built up around them...have simply learnt to adapt to their new circumstances
...and the humans involved are just helping them along. Who knows what he truth is
...about tamed "wild" creatures. One thing I do know...is that I am not very likely
to join the ranks of the critter feeders...although you never know...what might
happen...if a need for company that seeks you out...arises up ahead......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home